How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay, here goes....I went to my dr. last week to get my

Customer Question

Okay, here goes....I went to my dr. last week to get my annual pap test, the nurse praction sorry it sent to soon
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: practitioner. I was having some pain issues when having sex but thought it was because it was infrequent. I have had uterine and cervical cancer many years ago but still did my yearly paps. The NP could not get the speculum to do whatever it was suppose to do and thought I needed to wait until the Dr came back this week. The Dr called me and said I needed to go see a specialist....just a bit worried about what it could be. I am generally healthy, very active, no issues really except I was just diagnosed with RA last week. Not taking any meds for that yet. What could it be?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Literally just when I have sex...but like I said it is very infrequent maybe once every few months.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, Not really.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Are you saying the NP couldn't visualize your cervix or do a pelvic exam on you?