Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Okay, here goes....I went to my dr. last week to get my

Customer Question

Okay, here goes....I went to my dr. last week to get my annual pap test, the nurse praction sorry it sent to soon
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: practitioner. I was having some pain issues when having sex but thought it was because it was infrequent. I have had uterine and cervical cancer many years ago but still did my yearly paps. The NP could not get the speculum to do whatever it was suppose to do and thought I needed to wait until the Dr came back this week. The Dr called me and said I needed to go see a specialist....just a bit worried about what it could be. I am generally healthy, very active, no issues really except I was just diagnosed with RA last week. Not taking any meds for that yet. What could it be?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Literally just when I have sex...but like I said it is very infrequent maybe once every few months.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, Not really.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Are you saying the NP couldn't visualize your cervix or do a pelvic exam on you?