Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459

I'm in my late 40's only two weeks post-op for a partial

Customer Question

Hello. I'm in my late 40's only two weeks post-op for a partial hysterectomy with the removal of phelopian tubes and cervix. I'm happily married well over a decade with a very satisfying, fun sex life. Before the hysterectomy, I had fibroids that were becoming increasingly debilitating. Including, an appendectomy that became necessary as a fibroid crushed my appendix--this would be when I decided to go through with a hysterectomy! At least eleven fibroids the size of lacrosse balls were removed and my uterus was very enlarged. I was afraid that my libido may drop off and have been completely shocked that it is heightened, it's almost out of control. I'm a mentally balanced person so there is zero chance of intercourse for 6-12 weeks or longer if necessary for proper recovery. However, are there any suggestions you have to make me less miserable for the next--however many weeks? It's been shocking because I'm exhausted and this has been painful, I'd never imagined I would have a ONE track sex mind at this time. It's overwhelming--and--my husband is scared! I've channeled the energy on increasingly experimental activities for him. He says we're closing in on the end of his notches he can turn up, he does laugh as he runs away so that's fun. Except I can't catch him. Any suggestions and/or education welcome. Thank you.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 25 days ago.

Hi Julie and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

It's not unusual for your hormones to be out of control after surgery like this.

I suggest you speak to your doctor about being placed on hormone replacement therapy for about a month or two to, in a sense, slow things down. After that time you should be able to do with the medication.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hello. Cannot have most hormone therapy because I'm Factor V positive. Is a more human response possible and far more detailed?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 25 days ago.

Sure--no problem.

The other alternative would be Sarafem--not hormonal but used to treat PMS

I understand your concern about this but with the Sarafem for a month or two you should be fine