Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459

My tubal ligation failed after 9 years, and I had a

Customer Question

My tubal ligation failed after 9 years, and I had a miscarriage over a month ago. Since I had an endometrial ablation 3 years ago, it was for the best, ***** ***** after, I had a endometrial biopsy on October 24. I bled for a few days after but it went away. Yesterday (11/11) I started having severe cramps in my abdomen, shooting pains in my vulval region, and back pain. None of the OTC painkillers touched them. They never abated. I also had severe nausea that I had to take Zofran for but didn't relieve them. My breasts are extremely sore.To add to this, I started what I thought was my period, but I didn't use a tampon, only a pad. I never had anything touch the pad - no spotting, no red blood. All I'm getting is what seems like a super dark brown pasty substance on the toilet paper.Is this something I should worry about? The cramps are still here today.
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The gynecologist will figure it out. Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Usually right on time This is still later than normal but I just had the miscarriage last month
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on Dec 1
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip and sorry to hear about your problems.

This definitely concerns me.

While this could be a uterine problem as with an infection like pelvic inflammatory disease, it more likely could indicate pancreatitis.

It would be best to get this checked out right away with an exam, blood work, and a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis.

You need to consider this an urgent situation Victoria.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Even because of the miscarriage and the cramping in the uterine area, it could still be the pancreas?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 22 days ago.

Yes it could. But as I said, it also could be pelvic inflammatory disease.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
What kind of MD should I call to make an appointment with?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 22 days ago.

My pleasure

Right now you need to call your primary care doctor or your gynecologist--either one can properly evaluate this

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Will do, thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 22 days ago.

Please let me know how it goes and please rate my service to you so I can get credit for the time I've spent