Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I was just researched vaginal wetness, especially during

Customer Question

Hi, I was just researched vaginal wetness, especially during sex, very humiliating
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: my overall health is great. 49 year old nurse, in menopause, only 1 period since last august, routine apt gyn yearly
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, just asthma
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 26 days ago.

Is your problem excessive wetness during sex?

When was your last pelvic exam?

How long have you had the problem?

Do you take any medications? Thank you.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
it excessive during sex
My last pelvic exam was in July/August.
I've had the problem for several years, it has gradually gotten worse
I take cymbalta, probiotic, ultra omega 3, spiroactone

Most likely the vaginal wetness is female ejaculation. It's not widely known, but is something that many women experience. It's also not very well understood by doctors.

For many women, this can be a good thing, not something humiliating. Many men may not have experienced this in their partner, but once they are aware of it, they usually are supportive, and may even prefer it. It shows your sexual responsiveness, which guys often wonder about (You've heard of women faking orgasms).

Here is a Cosmopolitan article giving the experiences of 5 women, which I think will be helpful for you http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a34652/sex-talk-realness-squirting/