Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My dr. took a urine specimen when I went to see him for a

Customer Question

my dr. took a urine specimen when I went to see him for a regular check for type 2, and there was my urine was abnormal, he suggested that my bladder may not be emptying completely, since I had no symptoms, except frequent urination, he gave me an antibiotic to take for 5 days.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? Are you taking any medications the doctor should know about?
Customer: he knows all the meds I take, i have not seen a urologist if that is what you mean.
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the gynecologist to know?
Customer: lichen sclerosis atrophicus
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 3 months ago.

you should ask your doctor what was abnormal about your urine

if your doctor gave you a course of antibiotics, then there must have been signs of a bladder urinary tract infection.

how old are you?

frequent urination can be due to overactive bladder muscles. a condition called overactive bladder.

drinking alcohol, too much caffeine and not enough water can irritate the bladder and cause frequent urination as well

how old are you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i did have a uti, 67 years old.
Expert:  Dr David replied 3 months ago.

hopefully once your antibiotics are done, your frequent urination symptoms will get better.