Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

Is it possible to contract chlamydia by sharing a razor or

Customer Question

Is it possible to contract chlamydia by sharing a razor or other items? I have tested positve for chlamydia and my boyfriend tested negative. Could he be a carrier even if he tested negative? are there other ways of contracting this std without sexual contact?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I lived with 2 girls that had chylamida and we shared all shower items. Is it possible to get it this way?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 26 days ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today

Yes,it is quite possible that your boyfriend could be carrier even if he tested negative.

Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD)caused by bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis.It is the most common STD.It is transmitted from one person to another by close personal contact such as through sexual intercourse.Chlamydia is known as a "silent" disease because it has no symptoms in 70-80% of cases.

Sexual fluid from the penis or vagina can pass chlamydia from one person to another even if the penis does not enter the vagina, anus or mouth. This means one can get chlamydia from genital contact with someone who has the infection even if there is no penetration, orgasm or ejaculation.

Chlamydia cannot be spread by using the same towel or razor of infected person, kissing, toilet seats, bed linens, doorknobs, swimming pools, hot tubs, bathtubs, silverware, or sharing clothes.

It is quite possible that your boyfriend could be carrier even if he tested negative. You cannot get chlamydia from the 2 girls that had chlamydia & you shared all shower items.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Could I have has chylamida for years with it going unnoticed?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 26 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,.it is very possible & very common that one has the chylamida for years with it going unnoticed

Chlamydia is known as the silent infection because it is often symptomless and can lie dormant for up to 20 years.

So bot***** *****ne is Chlamydia can lie dormant for many years without causing symptoms.This is especially true in the female.

If you were sexually active with some one in past,it is the most probable cause for you that you were having asymptomatic dormant chlamydia.

And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

God bless you & take care.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 26 days ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 24 days ago.

Do you need further assistance regarding chalmydia infection?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 23 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh