Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I am the woman who did not have sex for 4 years & had sex on

Customer Question

I am the woman who did not have sex for 4 years & had sex on the 9-18-16 i did a pregnancy test today & the result said i am not pregnant so why my period did not come. My last period was the first week in September.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 22 days ago.

You may have anovulatory cycles in which neither ovary on a given month produced a dominant follicle and thus may lead to a missed period ... This in general is common but may be rare for you ...

Also possible that a hormonal change could be the case such as high Prolactin or hypothyroidism ..these causes may be a cause of ongoing lack of menses ...

Another possible cause could have been an early miscarriage...

If one test negative you May check again to confirm that you did not have a false negative ....this in particular if you have other symptoms suggestive of pregnancy such as breast tenderness...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Dr. Bray

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for answering my question. I would go & see a ob/gyn in person because this is new to me & i am also getting back pain in the evening time & i did not have a miscarriage so i am a little bit worry.

Hello again,

You are very welcome

I agree that it makes sense for you to consult your OB/GYN for further evaluation of this unusual disruption of your menstrual cycle