Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am 35 weeks today according to my ob..I did not tell him

Customer Question

I am 35 weeks today according to my ob..I did not tell him my lmp which was 2/22/2016..I have had two ultrasounds done that place my due date on 12/15/2016..I'm concerned on who the father of my child could be and when I could have conceived..i tool a day after pill on 2/16/2016 due to unprotected sex with my fiancee..I'm not sure when I slept with this other man in February the last possible time would have been the two days prior to my period..none during the month of March..I cannot afford a prenatal paternity test but this being on my mind is a constant stress..the other man did not ejaculate in me but the sex was unprotected
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 29 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

There is no accurate way to use your LMP or due date to tell who might -- or might not -- be the father of your child.

Fortunately, now a days, there are excellent DNA tests that will be able to tell you with a very, very high degree of certainty who the father is....

Unfortunately, this is usually not done until after your child is born.

So. What is the take home message?

1. Keep in contact with both men.

2. Obtain DNA samples from them after your child is born

3. You will then know who is the dad.

If these men are not willing to cooperate with you the Courts, and the Police, will be more than happy to assist them in becoming more helpful.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS