Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

Okay I'm two months late for my period and I've taken

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Okay I'm two months late for my period and I've taken serveral pregnancy tests and one was a very very faint positive & I'm never late I have random cramps here & there.. i'm over emotional & my breasts are overly itchy
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain & they come every month
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Other then my sister who is 18 years older then me had a hormonal imbalance when she was my age
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

I see your description of the 2 month late plus uncertain of your home pregnancy test suggests to me it is due for you to check with your gynecologist . Your doctor may obtain a serum hcg test ( blood test for pregnancy ) and this would eliminate doubt ...

Other reasons for skipped period cycles exist and may be checked ( hormonal causes whivpch include thyroid disturbance / anovulatory cycles / high prolactin level ( a pituitary hormone )

You may be in need of a pelvic ultrasound as part of the evaluation

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Dr. Bray