Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I am waiting for my answer regarding simple remedies for

Customer Question

I am waiting for my answer regarding simple remedies for vaginal dry ness post menopause
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 30 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having postmenopausal vaginal dryness. The easy answer is to send you to your Gynecologist to get a prescription for Premarin. But, I don't think that's the answer you want. Replens or Lubrin is a vaginal lubricant that you can buy over the counter. Red clover or black cohosh are herbels that also help relieve dryness. Soy products like tofu can also help alleviate the dryness.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 29 days ago.

Do you need any additional information?

Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 29 days ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. I'm not sure what kind of dryness you're asking about. Is it a sense of dryness in the area around the vaginal opening? Is there a problem with vaginal dryness with intercourse? Do you take any hormone replacement medications like estrogen pills or cream?