Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am in menopause for many years following a removal of my

Customer Question

I am in menopause for many years following a removal of my ovaries at the 40. I am now 59. I have in the last 3 years experienced pain in my vagina and vulva and do not think I can even do sex. I have tried the KY jelly but it irritates me a lot. Just wondering what simple remedies I can take to minimize the vaginal dryness and associated pain
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 5 months ago.

you should ask your doctor for prescription vaginal estrogen creams and vaginal estrogen suppositories to treat vaginal atrophy and vaginal dryness after menopause .

that is the best way to help with vaginal dryness and pain after menopause.

after menopause your estrogen levels decline down and you can have vaginal atrophy from it.