How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ashori Your Own Question
Dr. Ashori
Dr. Ashori, Board Certified MD
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 582
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Ashori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been suffering with BV for several years now. I have

Customer Question

Hi there! I've been suffering with BV for several years now. I have been to serveral GYN's that all prescribe me the same medicines and a list of irritants that can cause the infection. Even when i follow them strictly it always comes back and is worst after sex. About 1.5 weeks ago i started taking probiotics and vitamin C with rose hips daily. This has seemed to help. but it comes right back after having sex (protected or unprotected). How do i get it to go away for good!? This is ruining my life. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 6 months ago.

Hi Dr. Ashori here.

Have your tried having your partner treated as well?

Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 6 months ago.

The probiotics and Vit C is a great idea.

I would keep up with that.

Also, avoiding any soaps or strong chemical washes, specifically antibacterial soaps, will help decrease the chance of you getting such infection with BV.

Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 6 months ago.

If you are using a personal lube, or condom or other product it would be advisable to change that around.

If your partner is using any chemicals on their body then those too can interfere with your vaginal flora and cause the infection.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was always told that BV cant affect my partner. Is that not true? Should he be tested?
Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 6 months ago.

He can't be tested, there is no test for men.

But we do treat our partners if the BV is recurrent.