khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I am in a bad rheumatoid flare up and Tylenol is not

Customer Question

I am in a bad rheumatoid flare up and Tylenol is not helping. Is there anything else I can take for pain?? I was inseminated 11 days ago so not sure if I am pregnant or not until I do blood test tomorrow, but want to err on side of caution.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 26 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 26 days ago.

I totally understand

This is why you don't want to take ibuprofen

I wouldn't risk it either

everything else you can take will be prescription

I'm sorry

Is this helpful at all?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No this is not helpful at all. I am an internist just like you, not an idiot. I was asking what I CAN take, not what I can't.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I also asked for an obgyn dr, not an internist.
Expert:  khagihara replied 26 days ago.

Medications that can generally be used throughout pregnancy include hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and sulfasalazine (SSZ).

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
ok, but I am asking about medications for acute pain control, i.e., tramadol, etc. not medications for long term management of RA. I am already on something for that.
Expert:  khagihara replied 25 days ago.

Glucocorticoids (oral or intraarticular) can be used to manage disease flares or persistent moderately to highly active disease. In patients with disease refractory to routine management or with continued flares during pregnancy despite the use of glucocorticoids, the initiation or resumption of therapy with a TNF inhibitor may be warranted.