Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Is there some medicine that I can take for fibroids? I have

Customer Question

Is there some medicine that I can take for fibroids? I have one and I need to find if thers any thing I can take to shrink. I'm not bleeding or none of that. Please respond ASAP.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 6 months ago.

Fibroids don't normally enlarge after menopause and usually shrink after menopause if there are no added hormones (HRT).

Taking away estrogen usually will cause fibroids to shrink. If you are taking estrogen, stopping may cause your fibroid to shrink. However, there are no other medications that will cause your fibroid to shrink.

If your fibroid has been enlarging at all after menopause, that can sometimes be a sign that it's more than a fibroid and possibly cancer. In that case, it should probably be removed. Best wishes.