Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I had my first vaginal birth 4 months ago. I had several 3rd

Customer Question

I had my first vaginal birth 4 months ago. I had several 3rd degree tears along with an episiotomy. Due to uterine hemorrhaging the day after birth I had to have a catheter inserted multiple times.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My episiotomy scar healed well, but I had granuloma that formed inside my vagina from the sutures
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: My OBGYN treated the granuloma with silver nitrate and assured me that everything is healed and looks normal
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: However I feel like my urethra area " falls out" on occasion and gets irritated by the friction of my everyday activities
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've talked to my OBGYN about the sensation that my vaginal/urethra atomy has changed. She assures me that all is where it should be, however things don't feel right during day to day activities

This could be nerve damage

It can take over a year to heal

have you seen any improvement over 4 months?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Initially I couldn't stand for more than an hour or so without pain. My job requires me to be on my feet walking around for 10-14 hours a day. I am up to where I can make it most of the week before I start hurting or getting worn out. However, I'm wondering if this new sensation of my urethra area hanging forward can be amended or if, like my OBGYN, said, it's normal and there's nothing to do for it. Wanting a second opinion
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I exercise regularly to include kegels and pelvic floor exercises. I am also on a regimen of fiber supplements, hydrocortisone, and stool softeners for hemorrhoids. Don't know if that's pertinent or not