DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I was just told by a Nurse today that she was shocked that I

Customer Question

I was just told by a Nurse today that she was shocked that I was having regular periods.... (no spotting) but regular periods and I am 53 years old.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No My periods come as they always have, every 28 days...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i had my first child at 30 and the second one at 31. (she said it may be cause i had them late in life) lol
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This is not abnormal .Some females reach menopause late in their life so it is quite possible that you haven't yet reached that stage. The average age is approximately around 50 years but it can vary from one individual to other . So it is normal to reach a state of menopause late.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
having children later in life; has nothing to do with late menopause
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I will call later....

Not really . As I mentioned the age of menopause can vary and in your case it seems you haven't yet reached that age

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Are you there ?

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards