Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

My question involves my birth control. I recently started

Customer Question

Good evening,
My question involves my birth control. I recently started becoming sexually active with a new partner. We used a condom as protection but unfortunately it broke. I took the Plan B contraceptive the next day. For the next two days that followed when my period would have normally occured, I had very light red and brown spotting. After a few more days went by without experiencing my normal flow, I took a home pregnancy test just to verify that I was not pregnant- which did verify that I was not. As soon as the light red spotting had occurred, however, I began using my normal birth control daily pill, Syeda. I have now been on it for 9 days consecutively. I was sexually active again with my partner last evening. My question is this: Although I am taking the pill now daily and will continue to do so, has it been enough time yet to fully begin working? I didn't know if I needed to take another plan B dose because I have not been on the birth control pill long enough since the spotting occurred . I asked my OB/GYN but just wanted a second opinion. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 month ago.

in this case I can reassure you. The effect of plan B is very reliable when taken on time. It was the right way to start again with the regular pill as you did, at least after taking 7 pills in the new cycle protection is assured. So here is no reason to worry.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you.