Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am going for my Egg Transfer for IVFand I am sure that i

Customer Question

I am going for my Egg Transfer for IVFand I am sure that i have a UTI and now I'm worried that my appointment could be canceled. I'm trying to figure out if this is something that I should be worried about.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 month ago.

What urinary symptoms do you have?

When is your egg transfer? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My Appointment is on Tuesday at 11:00 am.
I took a home UTI test because I do get them and it came up positive for Leukocytes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now, I thought the pain that I had when I went to the bathroom was just from the egg retrieval which was last Thursday. I am having urgent urination, chills, the odd empty feeling.

It's possible that they might cancel your egg transfer for the UTI. However, I would recommend calling your doctor now to get treated for the UTI. If you get treatment today, your symptoms may be gone by Tuesday, or at least significantly better.

A UTI isn't always a cause for canceling egg transfer, depending on the severity of symptoms. Your doctor will decide when seeing your on Tuesday.