Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am going for my Egg Transfer for IVFand I am sure that i

Customer Question

I am going for my Egg Transfer for IVFand I am sure that i have a UTI and now I'm worried that my appointment could be canceled. I'm trying to figure out if this is something that I should be worried about.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

why do you believe you have a UTI?

When is your appointment?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My Appointment is on Tuesday at 11:00 am.
I took a home UTI test because I do get them and it came up positive for Leukocytes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now, I thought the pain that I had when I went to the bathroom was just from the egg retrieval which was last Thursday. I am having urgent urination, chills, the odd empty feeling.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is the picture.

It is possible to test positive for leukocytes and not have an active UTI....but with your other symptoms, you probably do have another UTI :(

So. What to do?

I'd call your fertility MD now and see what he has to say.......unfortunately, with less than 20 hours until your egg transfer and IVF there may not be enough time to tamp down this UTI, if indeed, you do have one......

She may want you to come to the office this afternoon or first thing in the morning to see exactly what is going on

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you and your partner the very best of luck :)