How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having some sort of bleeding from my vaginas. It looks

Customer Question

I am having some sort of bleeding from my vaginas. It looks like old blood not red. I am 70 years old. Is this normsl
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Couple of months just 4 or 5 days each month. Nothing makes it bett r or worse.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No only thyroid meds
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 8 months ago.

this is not normal

the mild bleeding can be from severe vaginal atrophy and vaginal driness

or could be from uterine bleeding

you need to see a gyn doctor to get an exam to see where the bleeding is coming from.