Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Experience:  General OB/GYN, complicated obstetrics, complicated GYN
62949540

Had Sex with Guy A May 17 or 18 then had period may 18th.

Customer Question

Had Sex with Guy A May 17 or 18 then had period may 18th. Lasted about the 25th. Then I had sex with guy b 31 of the May. I am now 22 weeks and 5 days my due date is February 19th 2017. My LMP doesn't match my due date according to my due date my LMP was may 15th when it wasn't it was the 18th. I just need assurance on who the father is. My doctor said its most likely Guy B's baby
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Tim, MD replied 1 month ago.

I would need to know the following:

Do you have regular cycles?

How early did you have an initial ultrasound - how many weeks were you at that scan?

Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah I have regular cycles. & 13 weeks. But I had one before that at 8 weeks and my due date was February 22nd but it changed to February 19th when I went to my 13th week ultrasound.

Thank you for the followup information. The due date should have been based on the earliest ultrasound, so, without knowing much more about your story, I would date the pregnancy based on the scan at 8 weeks giving you a due date of 2/22. Based on this due date, conception occurred 6/1 (+/- 5 days). So the window within which you conceived was 5/27 - 6/6. It is almost certainly GuyB. Guy A is just way to far before when conception would have occurred given the findings at the time of the ultrasound. Also, you had intercourse with Guy A at a time in your cycle when you are not fertile (assuming regular cycles).

If this answers your questions, please provide a POSITIVE RATING for my answer.

Dr. Tim

I am just making sure that you got my answer - if you have additional questions please ask. Please acknowledge whether or not I was able to answer your question.

Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are certain that it isn't Guy A?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But what if you base the due date of February 19th would it be possible guy A is the father? Because that's what the doctors are telling me. That my due date is February 19th
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went to a clinic when I was about 8 weeks and they told me February 22nd then I seen a doctor at 13 and they said the 19th.