Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is it possible to not have a? I'm on the rod but that's all,

Customer Question

Hi, is it possible to not have a clit?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I'm on the rod but that's all, sometimes I think I have one cos there's a spot that if you touch it my leg jerks but I get no sexual pleasure from it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not related to my vagina
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I'm perfectly healthy, I've been having sex for 6 months now with my boyfriend and he has tried finding it but we can't seem to locate it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, it is possible that a female could have a congenital absence of the clitoris, but it is extremely rare. It would be more likely that the clitoris is present, but deeper in tissue than you or your boyfriend expect, so you and he are having difficulty identifying it.

A pelvic exam by your doctor would readily identify whether there is congenital absence of the clitoris.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.