Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I'm 61 years old in good health and currently taking

Customer Question

I'm 61 years old in good health and currently taking estrogen menest but it is now getting so expensive I can no longer afford it. I do however want to continue taking estrogen. I am postmenopausal. I wanted the menest in the very beginning because it is plant-derived. I don't like the idea of taking something such as Premarin so my question to you is there anything that is similar to Menest?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having menopausal symptoms. Menest runs $65 t0 over $100 per month. So I can understand why you would want a substitute. Have you considered alternatives such as Black Cohosh? Black Cohosh has been widely used and effective in about 75% of users to reduce flushing and dryness. Vitamin E (oil capsules opened and applied to the vagina) which has also been shown to relieve hot flashes and vaginal dryness. You said you would rather not use manufactured estrogen products like Premarin. There are few other products that will be as effective.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any additional questions?