Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Are Lubrin inserts easy to use and how before intercourse do

Customer Question

Are Lubrin inserts easy to use and how long before intercourse do you put them in ?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Very Good, but I'm 83 years old and have a very dry vagina
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No....Years ago I used premarin but had to stop as I had some polyps appear.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 days ago.

Lubrin insets are usually quite easy to use. It's recommended to inset them at least 5-10 minutes before intercourse. Just tear open the wrapper and insert with your finger inside the vagina.

Estrogen such as Premarin is usually better for restoring vaginal moisture, and when used as a vaginal cream it doesn't usually cause polyps to develop. Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 6 days ago.

May I be of further assistance?

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.