Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

How can this be cured and what medication is needed. Will I

Customer Question

How can this be cured and what medication is needed. Will I need to be treaded also after noticing this vaginal infection.bacterial fungal
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. My name is***** and i am reviewing your question and will get back to you with a response ASAP!!!

Well i have reviewed your conversation, the odor can be due to bacterial vaginosis as the other expert pointed it out for you however it can also be due to a bacterial infection. If this is a bacterial infection which can be diagnosed with the help of urine examination, cultures and a pelvic ultrasound. Once diagnosed it can be treated with specific antibiotics like azithromycin or levofloxacin etc. These are used for a period of 5-7 days and a complete cure is achieved. if this is bacterial vaginosis again an antibiotic, metronidazole, is used which again achieves a complete cure.

Now in some cases YES you would need treatment as well however that depends on the exact type of infection your partner has, for example if she has a yeast infection and you are also developing symptoms then you would be treated as well. if she has vaginosis then you wont be treated. SO it actually depends on the type of infection that she has.

Do youhave any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVErating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for mytime. You can continue toask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also askquestions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/