Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

Is all cervical lesions or strawberry patch and can you feel

Is all cervical lesions white or strawberry patch and can you feel for cervical lesions with your finger

I'll try to help you with this

1) No, cervical lesions come in various forms, colors, shapes, depths and sizes.

2) Unlikely - your cervix is deep buried within the vaginal canal , you will need an exam.

Warm regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have a nice day��

my pleasure , glad I was able to help ;)

Please rate me if your answer has been given to your satisfaction so I can receive credit for helping you today ;)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't like your answer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did see pictures of cervical lesions and I can feel my cervix with my finger

Not a problem, will alert the customer service for your refund.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What was boiling down to is can you feel for cervical lesions with your finger and you didn't answer on this! If you would answer me about feeling cervical lesions with your finger then I will be happy
Hello, I'm Dr Manos M.D., board certified ObGyn. I can answer your question. The information I'll describe now.
The cervix appears differently depending on age and history of pregnancy and whether being sexually active. You can easily feel the cervix but it can feel smooth or irregular and it doesn't mean anything.
I can feel the cervix and usually it doesn't tell me anything. I have to look at the cervix with my eyes or a instrument that's like a telescope. The cervix can feel different from each patient but looking at the cervix can tell me something and I can do a gentle scraping of the cervix and apply the small spatula on a glass slide to send to the pathologist who could see precancerous or cancerous cells. There is a study in progress to have a tampon device to be inserted by the patient and touch the cervix and send the tip of the tampon to look for abnormal cells. It's possible for women in the future to do this technique and can be reassured they are ok if there is no cancer cells. I hope this helps your concern and answers your question.
I have replied to customer as noted in the recent responses.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have a nice day and I am sorry that I made you angry at me and please forgive me
Good morning. I wasn't angry, I was puzzled as to why the listing of my response to your question was labeled "waiting for expert reply". My last entry cleared that and then I awoke this morning and found your communication. I'm not angry and all I'm concerned about is whether my information helped your thinking around your question?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How big are cervical lesions for you to able to feel them with your finger
The cervix has many benign small cysts that make it feel lumpy so feeling what seems big is usually nothing serious. Cancer of the cervix grows inward on the cervix. Decades ago when women weren't getting their Paps regularly then some cancer of cervix can be a cauliflower growth that bleeds and was too late to do anything about it. Today, you don't need to feel the cervix. The cervix can be looked at and a Pap smear is a great innovation. The chances of something being a problem of the cervix that one can feel is extremely rare. You can feel your heart beating but an electrocardiograph tells more about your heart. The Pap smear tells more about your cervix.
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: 40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn