Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I have one small canker sore type looking thing on inside of

Customer Question

I have one small canker sore type looking thing on inside of my labia. I have a cold sore on my lip & im afraid i transferred can this happen? Im in a monagoumes relationship for the last 5 years. I thought last week i had a yeast infection. What can this be
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No fever, had body aches off and on this week no medical conditions
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Worried husband i had sex last night to. Noticed the sore this morning. Feeling stressed out
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Going to call my dr on monday but freaking out never had this happen. Husband has nothing on his penis or mouth we checked
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 month ago.

It is possible that the cold sore virus (HSV 1 ) could be cause...

Treatment is easy if that is the case

Possible that you could transfer the cold sore type to genital area> Yes that is possible ( oral sex is common way to transfer

these )

A swab may be done to check PCR for it

Brief treatment with Valtrex should clear it up for you...

Don't let it cause you panic I advise ..

Follow up with your doctor

I hope that this is helpful for you.

Let me know if you have further questions.

I will be happy to get back with you.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Husband kissed me on mouth last night (still have a lil cold sore left) then gave me oral will it show up that quick? He has nothing on his mouth or penis. I know i might have touch my mouth then my own gentials a few days ago but neither of us have had any other sexual partners for 5 years.

Hello again,

It could be that both oral and labia were due to HSV 1 the cold sore type..

I think that it could be that you had it PERHAPS from prior similar episode ..

It may be that you having some stress made the labia and lip lesions occur close in same time period..

It may not be that you had the labia lesion show so soon after oral.. hard to say the time course in your case

The outbreak timing to me makes more sense that both are HSV 1 ( cold sore type )

I do not suspect infidelity in your history ..

As he has no oral nor penile lesions it may have been on prior occasion that perhaps you had oral outbreak and oral sex may have carried that virus to genital area..

That scenario would be my top suspect..

I hope that this is helpful

let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Out break for lip was wednesday labia i noticed today but had pain in that area this last week but just noticed today. Im afraid having sex last night with my husband & him giving me oral either was A want caused my labia out break or B im afraid now he will break out in his mouth or penis if i had the lesion there & didnt know. Should i worry for him

Hello again,

It is possible that he could have had contact with active lesion either genital or oral ... Talk with your doctor tomorrow and he might be prescribed a brief course of Valtrex or Famvir as a preventive measure too ....

I suspect that you have the type 1 but both location of labia and oral

It strikes me as being unexpected coincidence otherwise ...

I suspect that the oral and genital for you have been dormant but stress of some kind led to outbreak ...

I think preventive anti-viral course for your husband would be prudent ...yes to that ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if I may be of further help

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you. So scary never dealt with this before only had out breaks on my lip for the last 14 years twice a year. Never on my labia. i will have him call our dr on monday & pray he doesnt get an outbreak. I was so scared it was the other kind of HSV

Hello again,

Yes I understand your concern ...

90 percent of adults have the type 1 HSV ...

As I told you I think the timing is consistent with you having the type 1 oral but that it got to genital area

I hope that this helps

Get well soon...

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD