Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I am in my first month after a failed medicated IVF cycle so

Customer Question

I am in my first month after a failed medicated IVF cycle so my period dates are unknown. I'm 34 days post my period and approx 20 days post having unprotected intercourse. I've tested negative but have had PMS symptoms including sore/itchy breasts, nausea for over a week, still a chance it could be positive or unlikely now?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Had a lot of mild cramping a week ago but not now, been on the pill so very regular normally and before the pill average 34 day cycle
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: One child via FET 2 years ago
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. It is possible and should be confirmed with another urine pregnancy test and Ultrasound. There is a 24-30% chance of success with In Vitro Fertilization procedures depending on the original reason, such as low sperm count, endometriosis. Please, after repeating at least the pregnancy test, discuss this with you doctor.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi, thanks for your email but I'm not sure you understood my email? I had a failed ivf cycle last month and a period. My period was 34 days ago and since this I've had intercourse 21 days ago but had a negative pregnancy test yesterday, is there a chance I could still be pregnant or is it likely an irregular period having come off the pill?