Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H(Univ.of Liverpool),34years of experience
15267045

SCALY SKIN IN INNER THIGHS AND UP TO VAGINA LIPS, BEEN

Customer Question

SCALY SKIN IN INNER THIGHS AND UP TO VAGINA LIPS, BEEN HAVING THIS FOR A COUPLR MONTHS NOW IT LIKE EZEMA LOOKING, IT ITCHES HORRIBLY , IT GET SCALY AND GRAYISH RASH LOOKING
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Vakul Aren replied 1 month ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with query.The commonest cause of itching and rash in the genital area and inner thighs is usually a fungal infection which gets macerated/reddened due to friction and thickened.It would be prudent to discuss this with your PCP/Dermatologist who can examine you and confirm the diagnosis.If it is confirmed as a fungal infection,you probably need a good antifungal orally ( Itraconazole/Ketoconazole) and a fungal cream along with a mild steroid cream like Hydrocortisone 1% locally initially.The steroid cream is used for a short while,3-4 days and then stopped.You may need to continue the Canasten antifungal cream for 3-4 weeks.If there is secondary infection your physician may add an antibiotic.Other probabilities include Psoriais,Icthyosis,eczema and drug reaction.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WHAT MAY BE OVER THE CONTER CREAMS I CAN GET ?

Lotrimin and 1% hydrocortisone may be OTC.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it also cause a lot of discoloration

Once the basic problem is solved,skin colour will gradually return to normal.