Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.

I had my pill change to a higher doze about 2 1/2 months ago

Customer Question

Hello, I had my pill change to a higher doze about 2 1/2 months ago and I'm on the third pack of new pills. Now I have being spotting, cramping a bit and tire for the past 16 days. Is this normal?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I tried making an appointment but they can see me till the 24th. My original doctor retire and this is a new ob doctor for me. Originally I was taking gildess fe 1/20 and I change to gildess fe 1.5/30. I went for my annual with the new doctor back in August and that's when she change my pill because I told her that I was having headaches and hot flashes at night,. The new pill help with that, but now with third pack I being spotting for the last 16 days. I'm worried.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just that breast cancer runs in my family. My cousin past away last year of it and my aunt just had her last chemo and my grandmother passed away several years ago, but it was stomach cancer. They know all this.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No vomiting or nausea just spotting for 16 days, mild cramping and headaches. I have never had this happen to me before, so I'm worried.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 12 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 12 days ago.

Yes, this is pretty normal with a new pill.

have you had a checkup any time recently and blood work?