Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on a Sunday. I never

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on a Sunday. I never climaxed inside of her so afterwards, I went to the restroom and climaxed there. I do not recall urinating after I ejaculated. 10-15 mins later, my girlfriend gave me oral and then 20 mins later, we proceeded to have unprotected sex again. Once again, I never climaxed, but is there a possibility that she could be pregnant from the ejaculate that could have still been in my urethra from my masturbation? She got her period the following Thursday after the sex on Sunday and said it was heavier than usual, but nothing else out of the ordinary besides that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is possible to get pregnant in this situation, but the primary reason would be due to pre-ejaculate fluid, rather than any ejaculate fluid that remained in the urethra after ejaculating in the restroom.

The pre-ejaculate fluid has much less sperm than ejaculate fluid, so the likelihood of pregnancy is far less, but it is possible to get pregnant from a sexual encounter in which no ejaculation occurs.

Since she had her period, there is no reason for you to be concerned. A heavier period on Thursday would not be due to a sexual encounter five days before, but the fact that she had a period would typically indicate that she did not get pregnant from the sexual encounter.

For future reference, though, it would be better to use a reliable method for birth control, rather than relying on withdrawal to avoid pregnancy.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.