Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I had started my period on september 24th and was heavy as

Customer Question

good morning, i had started my period on september 24th and was heavy as usual. i got it again last night. i am 46years old and still had hopes of having a baby. is there still a possibility of this?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: no pain and they are normally very regular. i've had heavy periods my entire life, but they're heavier now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have fybroids , sorry if that is the wrong spelling, and both my mom and older sister had them.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry you are having menstrual problems. The answer to your question is that it may be difficult, but possible for you to get pregnant. Since you are still having regular periods (except for this one) you are most likely ovulating. When you say your periods "are normally very regular," how far apart are they? Every 28 days, 30 days, 26 days? Having fibroids may interfere with getting pregnant depending on the location and a bleeding fibroid may be the cause of you getting your "period" sooner than expected. May I suggest you discuss this with your GYN/Obstetrician to determine your best course for achieving your goal of conception/pregnancy.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 12 days ago.

Have you been able to schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN?