Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS (R)

I'm 56 years old and had a complete hysterectomy when I was

Customer Question

Hi. I'm 56 years old and had a complete hysterectomy when I was 31. I've had a white discharge for a week or so, but thought it was from my Premarin. Today I woke up with cramps and I have a heavy brownish discharge. I've been changing pads all day. Should I go to urgent care tonight?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. I haven't seen a doctor yet. I'm on several daily meds. Cymbalta, Lisinopril, Clonozepam, Gabapentin and Linzess
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question, it seems that you are having a possible infection in the vaginal area, if these symptoms lasted for less than 3 days then there is no need to worry, if symptoms lasted more than 3 days then you have to get it evaluated, culture and cytology test are the best tests at this stage to help in further evaluation, thank you.