Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I had my period on September 28th-October 2nd. I had very

Customer Question

hello! I had my period on September 28th-October 2nd. I had very bad cramps and a lot of back pain associated with it. I check my cervix to try and keep up with my cycle. But I am curious, is my cervix suppose to be high medium firm and open on days 4 and 5 since the last day of my period?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Ive had a little cramping and a lot of indigestion and stomach pain that feels like gas pain but that's it. and the last three months have been 38 days 33 days and this last month was only 27 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my last three cycles have been 33 days 38 days and my last one was 27 days. Ive also had very bad indigestion, headaches, gas pain and some nausea associated with this cycle.
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 1 month ago.

yes, your cervix can be like that during days 4,5

how old are you?

examining your cervix yourself can be very difficult.

you really shouldn't be doing it yourself. you could introduce bacteria or infections into your vaginal canal and cervix and uterus

I hope you wash your hands before and after examining yourself.

the more you touch your cervix, the more cramping you can cause.

you should let your gyn doctor examine you and you may benefit from a pelvic ultrasound to check for uterine fibroids or ovarian cysts which can also cause cramps as well.