Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

Wow that was so fast. Three weeks ago I had an anatomy scan.

Customer Question

Wow that was so fast. Three weeks ago I had an anatomy scan. I finally got the results today after terrible customer service. The results show my baby is healthy but at 20 weeks my cervix was 2.3 cm in length. It was recommended I get re-checked a week later. That never happened because I just got my results today. I am now almost 24 weeks pregnant. Should I go to the ER to be seen?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Three weeks ago I had an anatomy scan. I finally got the results today after terrible customer service. The results show my baby is healthy but at 20 weeks my cervix was 2.3 cm in length. It was recommended I get re-checked a week later. That never happened because I just got my results today. I am now almost 24 weeks pregnant. Should I go to the ER to be seen?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 2 months ago.

are you having symptoms of cramps? or vaginal discharge or bleed?

if you are not having any symptoms of problems with your pregnancy, you may not have to go to the ER and you could follow up with your gyn doctor for routine ob testing

are you taking prenatal vitamins?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No signs of cramps or bleeding, but from time to time I do have lower pelvic pressure. Since finding out this news today I have felt extremely stressed and the pressure is more noticeable. I have been taking prenatal vitamins through my whole pregnancy.
Expert:  Dr David replied 2 months ago.

I see.

try not to get too stressed.

I'm sure the baby is fine

keep taking the vitamins

avoid alcohol and smoking

make a follow up appointment with the gyn doctor for evaluation ASAP

can you do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i can thank you so much
Expert:  Dr David replied 2 months ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com