MD doc
MD doc, Doctor
Experience:  MD, vastly experienced (since 1994)

I have been taking 35 for almost 2 months now. I was

Customer Question

Hi,I have been taking Diane 35 for almost 2 months now. I was diagnosed with PCOS and hirsutism.
My first periods after a month of Diane 35 were very light.
And I have been following a very healthy lifestyle..burning 500 calories daily with a strict diet control - however not seeing any weight loss (just about 1 kg in past 1 month). My husband with the same exercise and diet is 6 kgs less.
I am contemplating stop taking diane - perhaps it will help me with amuch better weight loss ?
Can I stop taking it any day ?Please advise.THanksHarAsees
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  MD doc replied 19 days ago.

Weight changes can occur in some people taking Diane 65. But since you are taking it for 2 months and have PCOS, I would advise you to go to your doctor for a change in treatment. You might need a change in pill or ay additional treatment for your PCOS. Sudden stopping of Diane 65 can worsen your monthly cycle specially in cases of PCOS.

Hope this information in helpful, do get back for further queries

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My doctor had asked me to take it only for 3 months & then stop.
I'd like to address PCOS through natural lifestyle changes - diet + exercise.
In that event can I stop this pill at the end of the 2nd 21 day cycle ? That should not interfere with the monthly cycle ?Regards,
Expert:  MD doc replied 17 days ago.

Apologies for the delay in response.

You can stop the pill, and the cycle should get regular within the next couple of times.