Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology
54460990

I am a 44 yr old woman. This last year I had lost almost 50

Customer Question

I am a 44 yr old woman. This last year I had lost almost 50 lbs. I had not been sexually active for about 8 yrs. Recently I started seeing a man my age and became sexually active 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I had my period but it lasted longer then normal. Now it is 2 weeks later and I I'm still bleeding off and on. I take probiotics and had found this site thinking it might be that. I take the Digestive Advantage with lactose intolerance. Sometimes I take more then one a day because quite frankly I Sometimes gotta have me some dairy; D. I am unsure now if it may be because of my age, sexually inactive for so long,the probiotics, or?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 3 months ago.

I understand your concerns.

The most important issue here is unexplained weight lost, we typically get worried about cancers when patients (who like seeing doctors ) tell us this little fact. Now if the weight loss is INTENTIONAL, then obviously there is nothing to be worried about.

When you refer to bleeding, are you referring to bleeding vaginally or rectally? Probiotics can do little to help unfortunately , however; if there's still bleeding vaginally, i strongly urge you to get an exam to make sure that this is not a lesion that needs to be biopsied if it can be clearly seen. Otherwise, bleeding can also be because of fibroids, these sometimes but not always cause pain.

I hope you feel better.

Kindest regards.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end and then submitting your rating as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

If you're satisfied, please rate the experience and accept the answer so that I can be credited with helping you today.
I will still be available to chat and clarify things even after you have accepted the answer.
Kindest Regards, *****

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Warm regards,