Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I've experienced a lot of troubles with my menstral cycle.

Customer Question

I've experienced a lot of troubles with my menstral cycle. I'm a 22 year old female. I didn't get my period until I was 16 and its been incresibly irregular, sometimes skipping as many as 3 months between cycles. Last year I went to urgent care after three days of a period that soaked through super plus tampons and overnight pads every hour or so (sometimes in as little as 10 minutes) I had palm sized clots and was dizzy with spotting vision. The doctor prescribed me progesterone and within days my period was gone. Something similar is happening now after no period for two months. My period started really heavy and clotty. I took the prpgesterone , however it hasn't stopped and I've been bleeding continuously for 5 weeks. Every time I go to the doctor I'm just given different birth control which is frustrating because I would like to actually know what's wrong. My family has a history of gynecological cancers, and I know that's inflatting my fears. It would also be incredibly financially irresponsible for me to go to the doctor, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m sorry to hear about prolonged problem of menstrual irregularity.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Have you underwent any tests so far?

Do you have any pain in abdomen?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for waiting online.

You are having irregularity in your periods sometimes skipping as many as 3 months between cycles and now bleeding heavily continuously for 5 weeks with large clots.

A prolonged period is one that lasts longer than 7 days.Your heavy bleeding since last 5 weeks is of concern.It can be due to

stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

This does not seem to be due to cancer or anything serious,but the underlying cause needs to be evaluated & treated accordingly.

So bot***** *****ne is that I advise you to please make an appointment with your gyne doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Have you contacted your gynecologist for appointment?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh