Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had an operation for bartholine's Marsupialization and the

Customer Question

I had an operation for bartholine's Marsupialization and the wound did not close. if i have it operated again should i pay my ob gyne again?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

There are many possible reasons why the would did not close...as such, it may not be your surgeons "fault".

If you do not trust her to revise and close the wound then you should find another surgeon.

But, if you go back to her, then, yes. I feel she deserves to be paid for her time. Medicine is not like home repair where you don't pay the contractor until you get the result you wanted.....

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How long should the healing take for a Marsupialization? Can it take up to 3 months? How about having sex? How long should you not have sex after a Marsupialization?

Depending on the complexity of the surgery and any post op issues, I would think things would be pretty well healed up in 6weeks. At that time you should be able to have sex.

Of course, the best person to advice you on this issue would be your surgeon.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My doctor said that it was deep and grape size. If I have sex before the six week healing period would I have any complications?

Yes, you could very well have complications if you have sex before everything is healed up enough to withstand the stresses and strains of sexual activity.

I would strongly recommend that you wait the 6 weeks.

Dr. Rick MD FACS