Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

At the beginning of the month (August) I started drinking

Customer Question

At the beginning of the month (August) I started drinking post and pre-workout for the first time, and working out 5 days a week. During the middle of my cycle I had unprotected sex in the afternoon, but my boyfriend ejaculated outside. (We normally use condoms). That same day during the afternoon, I had some bleeding but it looked like my normal period and then went away(that day I took a big amount of pre-workout unintentionally). The last two weeks of August I was under stress, I slept for less than 6 hours (some days none) and I ate only once a day. It's been a week today since I was suppose to have my period, I have missed my period before once last year for about 5 days, but never for an entire week. Can I be pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry you missed your period and you are concerned about being pregnant. It is possible, due to sperm leakage, even without ejaculation inside of your vagina. Your intensive exercise could also cause a change in your cycles. To be sure, take a home pregnancy test. The urine tests are accurate 7 days after a missed period.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you