Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

Sometimes when I'm having my period it doesn't always appear

Customer Question

Sometimes when I'm having my period it doesn't always appear on my pad. I can only see that it's there if I stick a tampon in. That's weird I'm 44 years old.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain. I have the normal every 28 to 30 days. I only notice I have a period when I use the bathroom when I start.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My child was a premi and after she was born I bled for a long time and needed to take birth control just to stop bleeding and have normal periods. I bled for months 24 hours a day. I was 30 for my first pregnancy and my daughter was due 12/28 and she was born 11/10.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 21 days ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 21 days ago.

This is because of Female Hormonal imbalance , as there should be balance in estrogen and Progesterone which makes the cycle and bleeding regular , disturbance in Hormones disturb bleeding and even cycle .

So it would be ideal for you to have Ultrasonography to see Fibroid and second get check your Hormones please .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link