Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .

My boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex 5days ago. A

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex 5days ago. A hour after the unprotected sex, I took a Plan B pill. Well just yesterday I started having side affect just like the box that the pill came in said I might have. And today I had a spotting of brown discharge. Well I'm just curious if you think I'll get pregnant or what does this mean? I'm just freaking out. Because I've asked a bunch of trust people and they all think I'll be fine but I'm still scared.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 21 days ago.

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

I can understand your concern.

Well, first of all i want to assure that there is no chance of pregnancy from such act.

No need to take stress. You are absolutely safe.

According to studies, As such plan b pill is completely safe when taken within 24 hours, it is about 95% effective.

You have taken after 1 hour of unprotected sex, So i am pretty sure, that you would not get pregnancy.

Please don't panic.

Regarding spotting/ brown discharge this is related with side effect of this pill.

It could cause hormone imbalance. No need to worry.

You are not pregnant.

Please stop searching for your symptoms on Dr. Google. This may give confusing results.

Please don't search on internet. Many of the articles, are written by unprofessional, and may only lead to stress and worry.

You are completely safe and don't have pregnancy.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 21 days ago.

I would like to share this link-

As such, Plan b pill is very effective when taken within 24 hours.

You are completely safe. No need to worry, You didn't get pregnancy form that act.

Please don't panic at all.

Hope this helped.

If there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards