Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.

I have delayed periods. My LMP was 26th and I got all my

Customer Question

I have delayed periods . My LMP was 26th and I got all my tests done( hcg, ultrasound and home urine test) and all are negative. In ultrasound they saw a follicle of 17mm with the endometrium thickness of 9.2. My periods have never been delayed and wanted to check if I should start with Meprate to get the periods
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 24 days ago.

It is the 29th of September so your period is 5 days late. This does not require any testing, except for a pregnancy test. An ultrasound is meaningless. There is no medical reason to take medication to start your period.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
All the pregnancy tests are negative. Doctor asked me to start Meprate to get periods. This has never ever happened in the past. My periods have always been 26-28 days cycle
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 24 days ago.
I think it is better to just wait for your period to come