Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

I am 3 dpo I have had light bleeding off and on for the last

Customer Question

I am 3 dpo I have had light bleeding off and on for the last 3 days my period isn't due until Oct 9th am I pregnant
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: They are regular not in pain and I had no bad cramping like with my regular period I just had a period sept 14th
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 22 days ago.

How regular are your periods?

How do you know when you ovulated? Are you doing ovulation testing?

How old are you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
They are regular and I do. Ovulating tests
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'm 31

Light bleeding around ovulation time is not a sign of pregnancy. Just after ovulation, the egg (if fertilized) is still in the tube and not capable of causing bleeding or any other bodily change.

It's not unusual to have slight bleeding around the time of ovulation, due to the drop in hormones at that time. However, ovulation bleeding usually doesn't last more than a day or so.

It's hard to know just why you're having the bleeding, but it's not a sign of pregnancy. If anything, it might be a sign of ovulation that has continued longer than usual. Time will tell. Best wishes.