Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I took a pregnancy test Sunday Sept 18. Last period was June

Customer Question

I took a pregnancy test Sunday Sept 18. Last period was June 30. Test was positive. Tuesday bleeding when i wiped and minor period cramps. Is this a miscarriage?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
also no blood in toilet only when i wipe. However, its like I am trying to start my period. Not heavy no clotting etc
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 6 months ago.

as you have already passed the first 3 month of pregnancy, the risk of miscarriage is quite low. I would recommend to avoid physical activity for some days, if the problem then still continues, a checkup by your OB/GYN would be necessary to be on the safe side.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am just using the 12 weeks from the date of my last menstruation start date. I took a digital pregnancy test so I am assuming its accurate. I just turned 41 and this is a first pregnancy for me

Right, it´s calculated from the beginning of last period, so you just have passed the first trimenon. I think that it´s not a serious reason to worry as long as bleeding and cramps don´t rise.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was just wondering if I should take another test. I had nausea but never actually vomited during morning sickness phase

Test results usually are very reliable at this time. anyway, if you are in doubt I would recommend a to visit your OB/GYN to reassure you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I havent found one yet hence why I am on here. Is bleeding normal in a pregnancy?

the reason could be a hormonal imbalance or a partial removal of the placenta. It depends on the progress, if bleeding and/or cramps rise, examination is necessary.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am going to make an appointment. Just hooe it wasnt a false positive pregnancy test. I ised first response digital. I am having a regular period now that seems odd. No passing of tissue. Maybe the positive test was false and its a sign of perimenopause

false-positive test results are extremely rare. Anyway, an exam by your OB/GYN will give you certainty.

Please don´t forget a kindly rating (3-5 stars) to honour my work. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have read that during perimenopause you can get a positive pregnancy test is this true

No. The test reacts exclusively to the hormone hcg which is only produced during pregnancy.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Shoudl i expel tissue this is just like a regular menstrual cycle for me

The OB/GYN-checkup will really be the best way to get certainty in this case.