Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Apparently I have been infected with chlamydia over two

Customer Question

Apparently I have been infected with chlamydia over two years ago and havent gotten tested until yesterday. I have been in a healthy relationship for over 2 years with my girlfriend and just now she went for her 6 month check up and they only now found it. We havent used condoms for most of our relationship. She is now accusing me of being unfaithful and I would really like an explanation on how this can happen? The doctors at the clinic really seem quite useless.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry had chlamydia infection.

the only way to contract chlamydia is to have it spread sexually

so either you or she contracted the infection from someone most likely outside of the relationship.

if you didn't go outside of the relationship, then she went outside of the relationship at some point.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
its impossible for me to have carried this for a year and a half without passing it on?
Expert:  Dr David replied 7 months ago.

if you were having regular unprotected sex with your girlfriend, you would have passed it on to her