Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.

I went for pelvic ultrasound yesterday. Here are my

Customer Question

I went for pelvic ultrasound yesterday. Here are my findings:Impression
1. Septated or 2 adjacent cystic foci left ovary, likely dominant follicles or cysts, measuring up to 28 mm in total. Given complexity, follow-up ultrasound in one to 2 menstrual cycles recommended to document resolution and exclude other entities. Additional smaller follicles or cysts in both ovaries.2. Trace free fluid presumed physiologic. Trace amount of fluid is noted in the cervical canal; please correlate for phase of menstrual cycle. Limited evaluation transabdominally as above.Narrative
CLINICAL HISTORY:Pelvic pain in female, left side; per patient, had outside CT scan 9/5/16 which showed possible left ovarian cyst, no report or images from this study are available at time of dictation of current study.COMPARISON:Pelvic ultrasound December 01, 2014TECHNIQUE:2-D grayscale and color sonographic imaging applied transabdominally and transvaginally to the uterus and adnexal structures. Spectral Doppler imaging with color flow analysis was also performed.FINDINGS:Transabdominal findings:The urinary bladder is not well distended.Limited visualization of uterus transabdominally due to underdistention of urinary bladder and patient habitus, uterus appears anteverted measuring 8.8 x 3.9 x 6.4 cm. Ovaries difficult to visualize transabdominally.Transvaginal findings:The uterus measures 9.0 x 4.6 x 4.7 centimeters. The endometrial echo complex measures 12 mm in thickness. Several nabothian cysts noted in region of cervix, largest measuring up to approximately 9 mm.The right ovary measures 22 x 25 x 13 mm and the left ovary measures 40 x 37 x 27 mm. There is a septated or 2 adjacent cystic foci in the left ovary measuring 24 x 28 x 18 mm in total without internal color flow, with several other smaller follicles or cysts. Several small follicles or cysts are noted in the right ovary. Color/Doppler flow is noted in both ovaries.Trace free fluid presumed physiologic. Trace amount of fluid is noted in the cervical canal.My ob said we will repeat in 6 weeks but that is a long time to wait and I am nervous. I feel like something is wrong and the after affects of the ultrasound is causing me severe pain shooting into my groin
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it normal or is there someway to find answers sooner than 6 weeks? I am worried because when I put my symptoms in Google ovarian cancer popped up and while I know it Is a very rare diagnosis it also says to be on top of your symptoms
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.

There is no reason to do anything at all before about 3 months. 6 weeks is really too soon. Its best to allow some time to pass. Its expected that the cysts will resolve. How old are you and why are you worried about ovarian cancer?