Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I was just in my gyno's office for my pap. I had her do a

Customer Question

I was just in my gyno's office for my pap. I had her do a general std test, test for Chlamydia , Gonorrhea and a genital culture. All were negative. However, I still have a thick white discharge that my boyfriend has told me had a bitter taste. I previously did not have this taste. I have no other symptoms, my gyno tells me that I am fine but I know my body and I know something is wrong. I am at a loss of what I can do next.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I just saw my gyno and she says I tested negative for everything. I was previously on birth control but I stopped taking it 2 months ago, on the off chance that it was the cause.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been seeing this doctor for over 10 years, she knows my medical history.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

This seems to be Genital Candidiasis ( Fungal infection ) and white discharge is highly suggestive of it .

It would be ideal for you to have local application of anti fungal cream Isocone cream with Oral antifungals like Tab Fluconazole 200 mg twice a dy for 2 weeks after consulting your Gynae dr .

Good luck .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The culture she performed was to check for yeast & bacteria. How could it be negative? Is Candida not a form of yeast?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Yes this is yeast but special culture media is requires to grow it .

Regards .

So please do Fungal culture again .

Regards .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Are you there ....