DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am on birth control but often times forget to take it, so

Customer Question

I am on birth control but often times forget to take it, so i take it in the morning. i was just starting my period and had sex. The condom broke so within an hour went and got Plan B. I no longer have my period. Should I be more worried about pregnancy or getting my period regular again?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you tell me when was your last menstrual cycle ?

What is the usual duration of menstrual cycle for you ?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I usually have spotting the second to last week of the month then a regular period 3 days into the last week which lasts 3-4 days

So you generally have a cycle that last about 4 weeks ?

When was your last menstrual cycle ?Tell the first day of your last cycle on which the bleeding started ?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
20th of september

20th September or august ?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
August.

Thanks for the information

You should not worry about the pregnancy as the unprotected sex or incidence of breakage of condom occurred in the safe period during which there is no ovulation so you need to relax. The slight delay in the normal regularity of menstruation can be normal or could be due to effect of plan B and you will have regular periods soon.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards