Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I have an appointment scheduled on Saturday and while I know

Customer Question

I have an appointment scheduled on Saturday and while I know I should wait I'm really nervous and restless. I ended a very serious relationship a few months ago and now I'm afraid I may have an STD from that relationship. I woke up Tuesday morning and there was this painless cluster of bumps between my vagina and buttocks area. I'm really freaking out because I don't know what this is
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  dansheibley replied 1 month ago.

Did I answer your question to satisfaction? A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my expertise. Please don't rate bad or poor service. If your aren't 100% satisfied, click reply instead.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello. This is Dr. Love. The other expert has opted out, but it is unclear whether he has addressed your question.

If your question is not yet answered, then I wold be glad to assist you.

Please let me know.

I had not heard back whether your question has been answered.

There are many different reasons for bumps to appear between the vagina and the buttocks. However, from the perspective of a potential STD, the only real concern would be genital warts. It wold be impossible to say wheether they are genital warts solely by the description of a cluster of bumps. If a good close-up picture could be obtained and attached, then I can comment upon the appearance on the picture. I also realize that this is a sensitive area to photograph and attach, so that is completely up to you. Ultimately, though, the best method for diagnosis would be examination that you have scheduled.

If you would like for me to review a picture to offer some comment prior to then, I would be glad to do so.